How does Taltz work for patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis?
One protein in your body that plays a role in inflammation and skin plaque growth is interleukin-17A (IL-17A). Taltz is a biologic that targets IL-17A and helps to block it.*
“These plaques on my body were disappearing and getting smaller…and now it’s under control.”
- Bob, actual Taltz patient with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Discover the difference Taltz can make
Did you know that up to 90% of adult patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis taking Taltz achieved significantly clearer skin at 12 weeks? It’s true. Take a look at our before-and-after images here.
Select Safety Information
Taltz affects the immune system. It may increase your risk of infections, which can be serious. Do not use Taltz if you have any symptoms of infection, unless your doctor tells you to. If you have a symptom after starting Taltz, call your doctor right away.
What is plaque psoriasis?
Plaque psoriasis is caused by an overactive immune system and is the most common form of psoriasis. The overactive immune system causes skin cells to rapidly build up, forming psoriasis plaques. Why some people develop plaque psoriasis and others don’t isn’t fully known, but a family history and environmental factors are thought to play a role.
Common symptoms of plaque psoriasis include:
- Raised, red, silver, or flaky/scaly patches on your skin
- Patches can be itchy and painful
- Patches commonly appear on knees, elbows, lower back, scalp, and genitalia
- Patches may also appear on other areas of the body
Your plaque psoriasis treatment options
There are many treatments, so it’s important to talk with your doctor to find the one that’s right for you.
Some options for treatment include:
- Topicals: Medicine used on the skin, such as a cream or lotion
- Phototherapy: Medically supervised artificial light or sunlight therapy, which is used consistently on the affected skin
- Systemics: Medicine taken by mouth in liquid or pill form, or given by injection, which works throughout the body
- Biologics: Protein-based medicines produced from living cells that target specific parts of the immune system
"Don’t go through that roller-coaster ride that I went through. Taltz worked extremely well for me, extremely well."
- Cindy, actual Taltz patient with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Making it as easy as possible
The Taltz autoinjector can be used in the comfort of your home.* Over 94% of adult patients agreed the Taltz autoinjector was "easy to use" and were confident in their ability to use it. Please see Instructions for Use included with the device.