At first use, over 94% of adult patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis agreed that the Taltz autoinjector was “easy to use” and were confident in their ability to use it.
To see how to use Taltz, watch the video or read the Instructions for Use that come with your autoinjector.
If you are enrolled in Taltz Together,™ a Companion in Care™ can help connect you to a registered nurse who can provide injection support in-home or over the phone. Learn more
Even if you have given yourself and injection before, it is important to know that the Taltz Autoinjector has different instructions from any device you may have used in the past.
For other important administration and preparation instructions, talk to your doctor and refer to the Instructions for Use that come with your device.
Taltz abbreviated steps to inject
Make sure the device is in the lock position.
Twist off the base cap in the direction of the arrows.
Place the base of the device flat and firmly against injection site.
Turn the lock ring to the unlock position.
Press the green injection button.
You will hear a loud click, which means the injection has started.
Listen for a second click about 10 seconds later. The second click means the injection is complete.
Do not remove injector from skin until you’ve heard the second click.
Once you’ve completed the injection, dispose of your device in the Taltz sharps container or another puncture-resistant container with a secure lid. Do not dispose of in household trash.
IMPORTANT: These are not the complete instructions for using the autoinjector. Please see Instructions for Use that come with your device.
When taking Taltz, please remember
- Take your device out of the refrigerator and let it sit for 30 minutes to warm to room temperature. Leave the base cap/cap on the device while it is warming up to room temperature
- You may inject the medicine into your stomach (abdomen) or thigh
- Another person may give you the injection in the back of your arm
- Alternate your injection site. Do not inject in the exact same spot every time
- Do not inject within 1 inch of your belly button
- Do not give an injection into areas where the skin is tender, bruised, red or hard, or in an area of skin that is affected by psoriasis
Before you or your caregiver inject for the first time, your healthcare provider should show you how to prepare and inject Taltz.